ALGOMA, Miss. (WTVA) - The Mississippi Highway Patrol confirms one person was killed in a four-vehicle crash on Highway 15 in Pontotoc County Wednesday morning.
The wreck happened sometime near 5:15 a.m.
According to Master Sgt. Ray Hall, one vehicle was traveling south on the highway and crossed into the other lane, hitting three other vehicles.
Later Wednesday, troopers identified the victim as Shanika L. Smith, 32, of Houlka.
It appears she crossed over into the northbound lane, then collided with three different northbound vehicles.
She died on the crash scene.
No other drivers were injured in the crash.
- UPDATE: Victim ID from fatal Pontotoc County crash
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- UPDATE: Troopers ID one victim from Monroe County collision
- UPDATE: Shooting victim ID'd following Pontotoc County wreck
- UPDATE: One Pontotoc County body ID'd
- UPDATE: Pontotoc County deaths investigated as homicide
- UPDATE: Second Pontotoc County body ID'd
- Injury reported in Pontotoc County crash
- One Dead In Overnight Pontotoc County Crash