WINFIELD, Ala. (WTVA) - A Winfield, Alabama, hospital has been sold to new owners.
The Winfield Healthcare Authority purchased Northwest Medical Center from Curae.
This sale was part of an effort to keep the hospital open and support the needs of the rural community.
"This is the perfect example of the federal government working with the local government and trying to make sure that rural hospitals stay open," stated Congressman Robert Aderholt.
The transfer of Northwest Medical Center to the Winfield Healthcare Authority took place on May 11.
- Winfield, AL hospital sold to new owners
- Winfield, AL man dies in weekend wreck
- Clarksdale hopital sold to Tennessee company
- UPDATE: Columbus' Lee Middle School sold for $450,000
- Pawn shop owner tired of break-ins
- Crash kills Vernon, AL man
- CEO of Starkville hospital retiring
- Former owner, administrator of hospice accused of fraud
- Mall owner responds to melee: Safety is top priority
- Survey reveals big problem for Mississippi business owners