HOUSTON, Miss. (WTVA) - An employee in Houston celebrated 50 years on the job.
David Nelson has worked at Leggett and Platt much of his life. A celebration was held Tuesday for his commitment.
He started at the company when he was 17 years old. He began working on a conveyor belt and has held many positions since then. He currently serves as the company's branch manager.
"I came here May 15, 1968, as a 17-year-old and today I'm 67," he said. "I really came at a time with no fanfare and it would be fine with me not to have any fanfare today."
However, his coworkers wouldn't let this slip away.
"Leggett and Platt's been good to me. I have no reason to leave," he continued.
- Company celebrates man's 50 years on the job
- Couple celebrates 70 years of marriage
- Orbital ATK expanding in Iuka; creating 50 jobs
- Parker Hannifin expanding, creating 50 jobs in Holly Springs
- Louisville celebrates Walmart milestone
- Aberdeen celebrates Memorial Day
- Many celebrate Una Fest
- People remember MLK 50 years later
- Minnesota company recalls canned chicken
- Celebration of Hope - Sam Pittman