UPDATE: 6 p.m. 4/22/18
CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Sheriff James Meyers confirmed the woman found dead in Chickasaw County is believed to have been beaten to death by her husband.
Sheriff Meyers says they believe the man assaulted and killed his wife and then attempted to kill himself at their home off of Hwy 41 north of Okolona.
The victim is confirmed as Childa Stevens.
The sheriff's department received a call around 6 a.m. Sunday from the victim's husband, Fred Stevens, saying he needed an ambulance.
When deputies arrived, they found Childa Stevens dead with severe head trauma. Fred Stevens was taken to the hospital with multiple self-inflicted stab wounds to his torso.
Sheriff Meyers says the husband is recovering from surgery and will be charged with murder as soon as he's released.
The incident remains under investigation.
CHICKASAW COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - The Chickasaw County Sheriff's Office is currently investigating a homicide.
Sheriff James Meyers confirms a female victim was found dead off of Hwy 41 north of Okolona.
His office received a call around 6:00 Sunday morning.
The victim's family is being notified.
No other information could be released at this time. Stay with WTVA as this story develops.
- UPDATE: Woman believed to be beaten to death in Chickasaw County
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County stabbing
- UPDATE: Search on for Chickasaw County shooter
- Chickasaw Drug arrests
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Chickasaw County murder trial
- Collision injures one in Chickasaw County
- Drug-related arrests made in Chickasaw County
- Burglary arrest made in Chickasaw County
- Chickasaw County corrections officer attacked by inmate
- New K9 Naygood to help Chickasaw County