JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - A coroner says a woman with ties to Oktibbeha County was found dead this week in a creek in Jackson and the preliminary cause of death is blunt force trauma.
Hinds County Coroner Sharon Grisham-Stewart revealed the information concerning 30-year-old Traci Clarke to WLBT-TV.
The station reports Clarke's body was found in Hanging Moss Creek Monday near the Pebble Creek Apartments.
Clarke's obituary says she used to live in Starkville and has family in Starkville and Maben.
Her funeral is set for Saturday at 1 p.m. at Welch Funeral Home in Starkville.
Editor's note: We have opted to spell the woman's name with an 'e' on the end since that is how it is listed in the obituary. The spelling, according to the story from WLBT-TV, does not have the 'e' on the end.
- Woman with local ties dies in Jackson from blunt force trauma
- Emergency trauma kits delivered to Union County, New Albany
- Woman dies following morning stabbing
- Coroner: Woman dies following morning house fire
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- Teen reported missing found safe in Jackson
- Woman dies, husband sent to hospital after crash
- UPDATE: Woman dies following Oxford shooting; friend charged
- UPDATE: RNC cuts fundraising ties to Roy Moore