TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - One local girl received the surprise of a lifetime when her dream of going to Disney World came true.
Heidi, 8, had her wish granted by Make-A-Wish Mid-South at Mugshot's Bar and Grill in Tupelo Thursday evening.
General Manager Katherine Jackson had the honor of telling Heidi the news.
"It's a great feeling and we are happy to be a part of it," said Jackson.
Heidi's wish was made possible by the money raised at Mugshot's through Celebrity Wait Night, which took place in January. A percentage of the sales, along with tips from staff members, were donated to Make-A-Wish Mid-South.
Heidi was diagnosed with 4H Syndrome almost two years ago. It is a condition that affects the central nervous system. But Heidi was all smiles and said she can't wait to meet Princess Elsa.
Heidi's whole family will be going on the trip, including her two younger siblings.
"It is really sweet that we get to have this big celebration all together," said Hannah Williams, Heidi's mother. "This opportunity is so precious and great and we are so grateful to Make-A-Wish Mid-South for allowing her to wish for this."
If you would like to donate to help other children have their wishes granted, visit MidSouth.wish.org.
- Wish granted for Tupelo girl
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments
- MLK Day in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- Tupelo card skimming suspect arrested
- Shed catches fire in Tupelo
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Tupelo police respond to shooting
- Tupelo business burglarized again Thursday
- Change coming to Tupelo intersection