Editor's Note: This article has been updated since its publication.
IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - Tishomingo County Sheriff John Daugherty confirmed a shooting took place Tuesday evening.
Iuka Police Chief Randy Stringer says officers responded to a residence in Iuka for a family domestic argument near noon. He says a father and his 18-year-old son were arguing and the son left, but returned later with more family members.
Stringer says a fight broke out, which resulted in at least one person being shot. It's unclear who was shot at this time, as well as who fired the shot. The injured person was flown out for medical treatment.
He says officers are still conducting interviews in the case.
A neighbor says she heard someone saying, "I'm going to kill you." She says she heard at least five shots.
The unnamed 18-year-old son was arrested and charged with felony malicious mischief.
Stay with WTVA as this story develops.
- UPDATE: One person shot in Iuka domestic situation
- UPDATE: Resident reacts to hostage situation following police chase after Iuka man
- UPDATED: Bizarre gun suicide at Iuka Hospital
- UPDATE: Missing Iuka teen found safe
- Iuka attorney disbarred from practice
- UPDATE: Wanted man in custody following Iuka shooting
- Iuka man faces drug-related charge
- Iuka man sentenced for child sex activity
- Arrest expected soon following Iuka shooting
- Iuka facility plays part in Mars mission