ITAWAMBA COUNTY, (WTVA) - A domestic dispute in Itawamba County left one man shot Monday night.
Sheriff Chris Dickinson said it happened at a home on Floyd Collum Road in the northeast part of the county.
He said a man was beating up his girlfriend when the man's father shot him in the leg. The man then tried to run away but was caught by deputies about a mile down the road.
Sheriff Dickinson said the man is being treated at the hospital in Tupelo before he is formally booked into Jail. He said the man could face an assault charge.
The man's girlfriend is being treated at a hospital in Red Bay, Alabama.She has been released.
Sheriff Dickinson says the man is not pressing charges against his father.
On Tuesday, the sheriff's department identified the man as Donald Six, Jr., 43. He's charged with felony domestic violence, as well as other misdemeanor charges.
Six's bond is set at $10,000.
- Domestic dispute leads to shooting in Itawamba County
- Man wanted in Itawamba County domestic violence case
- Itawamba County wreck turns fatal
- Moss Point mayor, wife charged after domestic dispute call
- Drug arrests made in Itawamba County
- UPDATE: One dead in Itawamba County accident
- Duo charged with Itawamba County ATV theft
- Itawamba County burglaries could be related
- Domestic call leads to weapons charge in Clay County
- MHP sign in Itawamba County remembers former trooper