PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A Pontotoc County man died in an overnight house fire in Randolph.
Pontotoc County Fire Coordinator Adam Patton tells WTVA 9 News firefighters responded to a house fire at Pine Grove and Waldo Road in Randolph around midnight.
Several fire departments responded to the call, but the home was engulfed in flames when they arrived.
An elderly man was found dead inside the home.
Patton says the man was disabled and wheelchair-bound.
The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department and State Fire Marshal's Office are now working to determine the cause of the fire.
The man's name has not been released and may not be for a week or so, according to Pontotoc County Coroner Kim Bedford.
Family members say that some pets that lived on the property are alive and well.
One dog saved her puppies by placing them inside of a tree trunk.
- One person dies in overnight house fire
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- Family loses home in overnight house fire
- One person hospitalized in overnight shooting
- Coroner: Woman dies following morning house fire
- Woman dies in Calhoun County house fire
- No Injuries In Overnight Brush Fire
- Long-time neighbor remembers man who died in house fire
- UPDATE: Elderly couple dies in Valentine's Day house fire
- Third person dies from injuries in weekend accident