PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Law enforcement says two people have been arrested as part of an investigation into the beating of a 4-month-old boy in Pontotoc County.
Desmond Haws, 25, of Pontotoc and Aaron Hatfield, 24, of Ecru have been charged with felonious child abuse.
Sheriff Leo Mask says a tip from North Mississippi Medical Center led to the shocking discovery a couple of weeks ago.
He says the mother, Desmond Haws, and Hatfield beat her 4-month-old son two separate times.
The Sheriff says the infant has been at LeBonheur Children's Hospital In Memphis with skull and bone fractures.
Mask says the infant has a long way to go but has shown some signs of improvement.
Haws and Hatfield are being held on a $500,000 bond each.
Sheriff Mask says his investigation is far from over because he's still trying to figure out the relationship between Hatfield and the child.
- Two arrested in Pontotoc County child abuse case
- Child abuse arrest made in Lowndes County
- Sheriff: Rise in reported number of child abuses cases in Pontotoc Couny
- Man accused of abusing infant in Pontotoc County
- Columbus woman arrested for child abuse
- Pontotoc woman pleads guilty in fraud case
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash
- Two arrested in child endangerment case
- UPDATE: Man arrested for armed robbery in Pontotoc County