TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - An 18-wheeler overturned on Highway 45 in Tupelo Tuesday afternoon sending one person to the hospital and blocking traffic for southbound drivers.
The accident happened around 5 p.m. just before the Front Street exit.
Police say there were two people in the big rig with one apparently okay.
There's no official word on the second person taken to North Mississippi Medical Center.
- 1 taken to hospital, 1 okay after 18-wheeler accident in Tupelo
- No injuries in 18-wheeler fire
- Two 18-wheelers collide on I-22
- 18-wheeler rolls over in Pontotoc County
- No injuries after 18-wheeler runs off I-22
- Truck collides with 18-wheeler in Lee County
- 18-wheelers catch fire in West Point
- Accident causes power outage in parts of Tupelo
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- Fire damages Tupelo apartments