ABBEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Many gathered at Springfield Missionary Baptist Church for Sherry Buford's funeral.
"Even though she's gone somewhere else, she'll still be in our hearts," added Urshala Joseph. "Oxford, Mississippi, and Lafayette County - this is a sad day for us."
There was only standing room inside the church. Family and friends say it was no surprise a large crowd came out.
They say Buford touched many lives as an Oxford Intermediate School teacher.
"I was a bit overwhelmed," added Shad Buford, Sherry Buford nephew. "It just goes to show her living wasn't in vain."
Buford was tragically killed when her vehicle was hit head on, by a suspected drunk driver on Interstate 22.
"She was a very infectious teachers," added Patrick Shaw. "She always wanted to help her kids out."
Orginal story here
- Beloved Oxford teacher laid to rest
- High School Basketball player laid to rest
- Local flight nurse laid to rest
- Fallen Tupelo detective laid to rest
- Former Okolona police chief laid to rest
- 'Ray' Davis to be laid to rest this weekend
- New Hope student killed in car accident laid to rest
- Mom of Tupelo basketball player laid to rest in Amory
- Funeral arrangements set for Oxford teacher
- Man shot and killed in officer-involved shooting laid to rest