TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A father who was allegedly shot by his son has died in a Tupelo hospital.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree says Elvis Shields died Thursday following the February 15 shooting on Meadowbrook Drive in Brooksville.
Everett Anquan Shields, 19, was arrested the same night and charged with two counts of aggravated assault, as well as the discharge of a firearm within city limits.
However, following Elvis Shields' death, his son was charged with murder and aggravated assault. His bond was set Thursday, February 22 at $500,000.
Law enforcement stated the incident started when Everett Shields asked his father a question. Police say Everett Shields left, then came back and started shooting.
Elvis Shields suffered multiple gunshot wounds as a result.
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for 2017 murder in Noxubee County
- Noxubee County man pleads guilty to murder charges
- UPDATE: Noxubee shooting suspect appears before judge
- UPDATE: Boyfriend now behind bars following Noxubee County Shooting
- UPDATE: Noxubee County boil water notice lifted
- One injured in Noxubee County shooting
- Water outage in Noxubee County
- UPDATE: Wanted Noxubee Co. man spotted
- UPDATE: Noxubee fugitive heading back to Mississippi