STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A pride parade scheduled for March in Starkville has been denied by the Board of Aldermen.
In Tuesday night's meeting, the board voted four to three to deny the pride parade scheduled for March.
The parade was originally a community event that was left off of discussion for the meeting, but when one board member disapproved, it was pulled for discussion.
Many community members stood before the board to express their thoughts both for and against the pride parade.
The parade would have been the first of its kind in the city.
We are working to learn more from city officials.
- Starkville Board of Aldermen denies pride parade
- Starkville aldermen approve permit for gay pride parade
- Update: Starkville aldermen accept terms of settlement with Starkville Pride
- Starkville Pride plans lawsuit against city after parade denied
- Starkville aldermen on list for 'Muzzle Awards' over pride parade vote
- First Gay Pride Parade in Starkville
- Starkville mayor upset over pride parade decision
- Starkville aldermen halt decision on potential ambulance service
- REPORT: Suit filed to force Starkville to allow gay pride parade
- Could Starkville parade denial hurt business?