PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - Aldermen in Pontotoc voted 4-1 Monday to fly the state flag again at City Hall.
The flag came down after an executive order by Mayor Bob Peeples, who said he made the decision because the banner is divisive.
Mississippi's flag has the Confederate stars and bars, which some find offensive while others say recognizes history.
People filled the board meeting room for the board meeting with others being forced outside due to the lack of space.
- State flag returns to Pontotoc City Hall
- Another Mississippi city furls Confederate-themed state flag
- Tupelo city council talks state flag and turn lane proposal
- Pontotoc School Storm Shelter
- Tupelo displaying city flag instead of state flag at police headquarters
- State flags lowered to honor Barbara Bush
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Car rams into Pontotoc business
- Car slams into Pontotoc church
- MBI investigating Pontotoc County crash