TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - Crews were called to a natural gas leak Monday in Tupelo.
The leak happened near the Big Oaks subdivision near Road 811 in a construction zone.
The City of Tupeo says a piece of construction equipment punched a hole in the gas line, causing the gas to spew into the air.
However, Atmos Energy says the public was never in danger.
- Crews called to natural gas leak in Tupelo
- UPDATE: Barnes Crossing Road in Tupelo reopened after gas leak
- Gas leak reported in Calhoun City
- Atmos Energy improving natural gas distribution system in Starkville
- Natural gas rates to rise for Atmos customers in Mississippi
- Gas leak shuts down street in downtown Okolona
- UPDATE: Highway reopened in Smithville after gas leak
- Car damages front of Tupelo gas station
- Crews to close Tupelo road on Monday
- Crews to temporarily close Tupelo roundabout