COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - A man in Lowndes County is charged with felony simple assault because he fired his gun several times hoping it would get firefighters to his home sooner.
Lowndes County sheriff's deputies say Avery Williams was at his home on Ridge Road Monday with a burning camper.
They say when a volunteer firefighter approached, Williams fired several rounds into the ground. The firefighter arrived in a personal vehicle.
Witnesses say the man was upset a fire truck had not arrived to put out the camper fire.
- Man charged after firing gun to get firefighters at his home sooner
- Firefighters battle mobile home fire
- Trillion-dollar deficits will hit sooner than expected
- Firefighter charged after domestic incident
- Gun charge sends man to prison
- Man charged with setting fire to mother's home
- Man charged with taking items from home
- Trade fears add to concern that a downturn will come sooner rather than later
- Firefighters Rescue Elderly Woman from Burning Home
- Man charged with burglarizing home of nursing home patient