UPDATE: Three people face criminal charges following a weekend shooting in Lowndes County.
On Monday, the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department released the following names in connection with the February 10 shooting on Center Street in New Hope.
William Carr was charged with attempt to commit an offense (attempted murder). His bond was set at $150,000.
Rispie Dawn Crawford of Columbus was charged with accessory after the fact. Her bond was set at $10,000.
Marialys Diane Crowe of Columbus was charged with accessory after the fact. Her bond was set at $10,000.
See the original post below.
NEW HOPE, Miss. (WTVA) - One person was shot during a shooting in New Hope Saturday evening.
Lowndes County Chief Deputy Marc Miley says the victim was taken to the Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle for treatment. That person was later airlifted to another hospital.
Two people have been taken into custody in connection with the shooting.
Deputies were able to collect information from the victim and witnesses.
Names are not being released at this time.
Miley says they believe this is not a random act of violence and it could be drug-related.
We're told more information will possibly be released Monday morning.
- UPDATE: Three charged following New Hope shooting
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- UPDATE: Nettleton teen arrested, charged following shooting
- UPDATE: Verona man charged after shooting
- UPDATE: Man charged in deadly Grenada shooting
- UPDATE: Woman dies following Oxford shooting; friend charged
- UPDATE: Charge upgraded to murder for Noxubee County shooting
- UPDATE: Eupora shooting suspect now faces federal charges