LEE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – Lightning is being blamed for causing roof damage to a home west of Saltillo.
Lee County Sheriff Jim Johnson says one adult and two children were in the home on Mound Springs Road when the bolt hit the roof before 8 a.m.
No one was hurt.
However, Johnson says there was also damage to the floor area in a bedroom where one of the children was staying.
- Lightning bolt strikes Lee County home
- Lightning strike kills 1, injures 4 in Florida
- Car crashes into Lee County mobile home
- The power of lightning -- and prayer
- Consumer Reports: Chevy Bolt Best Small Green Car
- Usain Bolt lives football dream with Borussia Dortmund
- UPDATE: Lee County road reopens
- 'Black Lightning' adds spark to CW superhero lineup
- State reports healthy air in Lee County
- One person dead following Lee County wreck