Editor's Note: This article has been updated.
ITAWAMBA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Fulton police were called to a burglary at the Texaco off Country Club Road Monday morning.
Photo: Fulton PD
Brad Rogers with Fulton police says the incident took place at 4:20 a.m.
Two people forced their way into the store through a side door and got away with an estimated $1,000.
“I first saw a hammer laying on the floor right here," said Stacy Wilder, who arrived at work about 10 minutes after the suspects fled. "Then I turned off the alarm and I came back and saw the glass busted out."
Police originally described the suspects as men. However, one store employee believes one of the two may be a female.
Meanwhile, Mantachie police are investigating a burglary at the Mantachie Pizza and Subs off Watson Drive that was reported just an hour before around 3 a.m.
Chief Mark Roberts says the incident happened overnight. Employees discovered their restaurant broken into Monday morning.
Roberts says it appears the suspect(s) broke in through the front door.
Mantachie Pizza and Subs uses a cash drop system. Robert says when the suspect(s) attempted to break into a register.
“They knew that I had a certain place that I keep my money at night,” said owner Brenda Sheffield. “They had gone through my potato chip boxes. It has to be somebody that’s been here before that’s seen us early in the morning.”
Only loose change was taken, but Sheffield says she feels violated.
“I’ve always given a good deal for your money, said Sheffiled. "I’ve always been nice to people or whatever, and then someone does this. It sort of, disheartens you.”
At this time, Mantachie police are asking other businesses for information as well as using surveillance footage to investigate.
Chief Roberts also adds that they will be working with Fulton police to see if the overnight burglaries at the Mantachie Pizza and Subs and Fulton Texaco are connected.
- Police seek suspects in gas station, restaurant burglaries
- Arrest made following Baldwyn gas station burglary
- Police seek Starkville auto burglary suspect
- Derma Police narrowing down suspects in gas station shooting
- Tupelo police seek second suspect in gun store burglary
- Tupelo police seek two suspects for church burglary
- Tupelo police seek ID of restaurant burglar
- Tupelo police seek Thai restaurant burglar
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Police release four from Noxubee County after gas station shootout