LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) – An apparent case of road rage leads to shots being fired and an arrest.
According to Chief Deputy Marc Miley with the Lowndes County Sheriff’s Department, the incident happened Thursday morning in the area of Highway 45 South and Highway 82.
Miley says the victim passed the suspect, which led to the suspect becoming upset. The suspect got behind the victim while driving, pulled out a gun and shot through his own front windshield into the back window of the victim’s vehicle.
The victim was not hit.
Lowndes County deputies were able to stop the suspect’s vehicle where the person was taken into custody without incident.
No names have been released at this time.
Miley says the victim was driving a Ford F-150 and the suspect was in a Toyota 4Runner.
This is a developing story.
- Apparent case of road rage leads to shooting, arrest
- Report: Shooting at Olive Branch Walmart investigated as apparent suicide
- Columbus police chase leads to arrest in robbery case
- UPDATE: West Point shooting leads to one arrest
- Two arrested in counterfeiting case
- Case of misunderstanding over pizza leads to man's arrest in Columbus
- Checkpoint leads to drug arrest in Burnsville
- ATV theft leads to arrest in Booneville
- Sheriff: Traffic stop leads to drug arrest
- Apparent fight over card game ends in gunfire