RIPLEY, Miss. (WTVA) – A man was wounded in a Wednesday morning shooting in Ripley.
Ripley Police Chief Scott White says the shooting happened Wednesday, December 6 near 7:45 a.m. on Westwood Drive.
White says it appears the shooting involved two brothers. He says both brothers live in the same house.
One brother fired two shots at the other brother, resulting in one bullet striking the victim in the upper chest/shoulder area.
The victim was rushed to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo and is said to be in stable condition.
Investigators are trying to determine the exact cause of the fight. No charges have been filed at this time.
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting
- Ripley man reported missing
- UPDATE: Ripley boil water notice lifted
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- Ripley man charged with drug possession in Monroe County
- Power outage at Ashley Furniture in Ripley
- Ripley mourns following deaths of students
- Charges filed against telemarketers
- FDA: Ripley's Delta Pharma ordered to stop operations
- Ripley woman elected to chair Mississippi Bankers Association