WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) – We now know the name of a man who died in a Thanksgiving Day fire.
Clay County Coroner Alvin Carter, Jr. says 62-year-old William Brownlee Sr. was found dead inside his bedroom.
Emergency responders got a call around 4:10 p.m. about a fire on on Washington Street.
There's no official word yet on what caused the fire.
Police and fire investigators are looking into what happened.
Evidence was gathered and sent to the state crime lab to be examined.
- UPDATE: Name released of man who dies in Thanksgiving holiday fire
- MHP's Thanksgiving holiday enforcement period begins Wednesday
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County fire victim dies
- UPDATE: Mooreville man dies in Thursday crash
- Wrongfully convicted man dies 10 years after prison release
- Thanksgiving Blood Drive
- WTVA Thanksgiving Forecast
- UPDATE: Elderly couple dies in Valentine's Day house fire
- UPDATE: More info. released about wanted Columbus man's arrest
- UPDATE: Tupelo man dies in Lee County wreck