STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) – Two young men have been indicted on capital murder charges for the November 2016 death of MSU student Joseph Tillman.
Tillman was fatally shot on Sunday, November 6, 2016, on Maxwell Street in Starkville. Starkville police said the incident was related to an attempted robbery.
As a result, four people were originally arrested for the incident. They included Jaylen M. Barker, Jamario Pippins, Tyler Harris and Brandon Sherrod.
On Tuesday, November 8, 2016, U.S. marshals arrested Syboris A. Pippins.
Syboris Pippins and Barker were later charged with capital murder.
Harris' case is being handled in youth court. Sherrod was indicted on a charge of accessory after the fact. Jamario Pippins was not indicted by a grand jury.
- Two indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 death of MSU student
- UPDATE: Teen indicted for capital murder for Baldwyn death
- UPDATE: Two charged with capital murder in Corinth man's death
- Woman indicted for fatal 2016 crash
- Pippins, Barker plead not guilty in 2016 death of MSU student
- Jury indicts man charged with murdering another at Columbus motel
- 4 charged with capital murder in death of Lafayette County man
- Two teens charged with capital murder released on bond
- New information on teens charged with capital murder
- Capital murder charge filed in connection with Bruce home explosion