FULTON, Miss. (WTVA) - Itawamba Community College is formally opening two facilities and the public is open to enjoy them.
One facility is the band hall/safe shelter at the Fulton campus. The open house and formal opening is on Monday, October 16 at 4:30 p.m.
ICC says the Federal Emergency Management Agency provided $3.5 million in hazard mitigation funding to build the multipurpose hazardous weather safe room. The facility is 13,585-square-feet with a capacity to protect 2,319 students, faculty and safe from winds up to 250 miles per hour. The total cost of the project is $5.77 million.
The other facility is the Precision Manufacturing /Robotics laboratory at the Belden Center. The open house and formal opening for this facility is on Wednesday, October 18 at 2 p.m.
ICC says the Appalachian Regional Commission grant made possible the renovation of 21,000 square feet of space to install precision manufacturing and machining and robotic laboratories to consolidate the related training programs into one facility.
- ICC opens two facilities; public open to join
- Insitu opens high-tech facility in Starkville
- ICC holds open house for machining and robotics lab
- Vietnam Wall replica opened to the public in Tupelo
- Tupelo farmers' depot opens
- ICC to reschedule mock drill
- Obamacare enrollment window opens Wednesday
- MSU drops Tallahassee Regional opener
- ICC sophomore named semifinalist for prestigious scholarship
- Prayer vigil held for ICC football player