FALKNER, Miss. (WTVA) – An 11-year-old boy died Monday night in what is being called an accidental shooting.
Tippah County Coroner Chris McCallister says the incident happened near 11 p.m. in the Falkner area.
The preliminary investigation leads investigators to believe the accidental shooting was self-inflicted.
An autopsy will be performed.
The boy’s name is not being released at this time.
School officials with the South Tippah County School District confirmed grief counselors were called in early Tuesday morning to help students deal with the tragedy.
- Boy dies in accidental shooting
- Sheriff: Woman wounded in accidental shooting
- Lafayette Co. teen accidentally shoots grandfather
- Police say Alabama teen killed in accidental shooting
- Sheriff: Girl shot by boy dies
- MSDH says patient information accidentally shared
- UPDATE: Enid Lake drowning ruled accidental
- Tippah County fire that killed twins ruled accidental
- UPDATE: Woman dies following Oxford shooting; friend charged
- Hatley native dies after shooting in Birmingham hospital