MONROE COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Three young men face child exploitation charges in Monroe County.
Drew Taylor Cox, 19, of Smithville, was arrested Wednesday and charged with child exploitation.
Omar Jarie Freeman, 19, of Smithville, was arrested Thursday and faces the same charge.
Gavin Ali Rosebud, 20, of Smithville, was arrested Wednesday and faces the same charge.
All three are in the Monroe County jail awaiting arraignment.
Monroe County Sheriff Cecil Cantrell says these arrests stem from an incident at an after-prom gathering near Smithville. He says the incident involved the filming of a sexual act.
The victim is described as a 16-year-old. Cantrell says the video was shared.
"This was an after-prom, you might say, party. The school was not involved. This was a situation of young folks having a party and things just getting out of hand," the sheriff said.
Officers say the incident happened in the county off of Jones Road and those present were under the influence.
"There was quite a bit of alcohol that was consumed. I know that she had consumed some alcohol, at this point we don't know the whole situation," Cantrell added.
Cantrell says more charges could be coming down the line.
- 3 Smithville youths face child exploitation charges
- Columbus man charged with child exploitation
- Smithville man charged with uttering forgery
- Woman charged with exploiting Corinth elder
- Columbus woman arrested on 2 counts of child exploitation
- Bond set for band director in child exploitation case
- Federal court rejects motions to toss recent child exploitation indictments
- UPDATE: Boil water notice lifted in Smithville
- Smithville man accused of stealing tools
- UPDATE: Smithville man reported missing found okay