Editor's Note: This article has been updated since its publication.
FARMINGTON, Miss. (WTVA) - A shooting in Alcorn County Monday leaves two people dead and one in stable condition.
Authorities responded to a call at 5:45 p.m. at Farmington School Apartments on County Road 200 in Farmington.
Alcorn County Sheriff Ben Caldwell says three people were shot, two victims pronounced dead at the scene and a third victim taken to Magnolia Hospital in critical condition.
Later Tuesday, Caldwell released the following information. The two deceased victims are identified as 39-year-old Jason Lovell of Corinth and 24-year-old Christopher Smith of Iuka.
A female victim, 33-year-old Paula Russell, was taken to the hospital. Her condition is now described as stable.
The Alcorn County Sheriff's Department arrested 22-year-old Alize J. Boyd of Corinth early Tuesday morning. Caldwell says Boyd surrendered to investigators at the sheriff's department.
Boyd is charged with two counts of murder and one count of attempted murder. He's currently in the Alcorn County jail. His bond has not been set at this time.
The investigation is ongoing.
- UPDATE: 22-year-old charged with Alcorn County murders
- UPDATE: Alcorn County inmate captured
- UPDATE: Bond denied for Alcorn County murder suspect
- Alcorn County woman charged for shooting husband
- House fire in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Man recovering after fire destroys Alcorn County home
- No injuries in Alcorn County business fire
- Alcorn County fires remain a mystery
- An Alcorn County fugitive returns to Mississippi
- Child struck by vehicle in Alcorn County