FORT BLISS, Texas (WTVA) - The 155th Armored Brigade Combat Team received a Navy Unit Commendation last week while in Fort Bliss, Texas.
The commendation was earned while serving their duty during Operation Iraqi Freedom III in 2005 and 2006.
During OIF III, 16 Mississippi soldiers from the 155th ABCT were killed while conducting combat operations.
There ceremony concluded with a casing of the brigade and battalion colors. The colors will remain cased until the 155th ABCT arrives in the Middle East and officially begin their deployment in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- 155th ABCT earns Navy Unit commendation
- 155th Brigade to deploy in spring 2018
- United Furniture purchases Lane Furniture
- NMMC moving its pediatrics unit
- Navy identifies Meridian pilots killed in crash; senator wants immediate investigation
- Top-seeded MSU earns second-round win over Oklahoma State
- Drug unit returns to the West Point Police Dept.
- United Furniture & Heritage Home Group finalize sale of Lane Furniture
- Amory-based National Guard unit leaves for overseas duty