Olympics swimming champion Michael Phelps is diving into a new role: Father of two.
Phelps and and his wife, Nicole, welcomed their second child this week as the Winter Olympics continued half a world away -- perfect timing for the son of the most decorated Olympian of all time.
Couple's oldest son was born in May 2016
"I truly do feel like the happiest man in the world," Phelps says
Their oldest son, Boomer, was born in May 2016.
"Magical moments yesterday ... Nicole and I would like to introduce Beckett Richard Phelps to the world!," Phelps posted on Instagram on Tuesday, accompanied by a picture of his wife and two sons.
"We had a healthy baby boy and a healthy mama. I truly do feel like the happiest man in the world."
His wife said she is "surrounded by boys and I couldn't be happier."
Beckett's big brother also took to social media to pay tribute to the newest addition.
"I am officially a big bro!!! All I wanna do is hold him! I can't wait til I get to teach him so many cool things about the world!," Boomer, um, his Instagram ghostwriter posted.
The couple got engaged in February 2015, and tied the knot at a secret wedding the following year.
- Michael Phelps welcomes new baby boy
- Young swimmer breaks Michael Phelps' record
- Michael Phelps on his fight against depression
- Michael Phelps: How you should brush your teeth
- Zoo welcomes new baby sloth
- Kylie Jenner welcomes baby girl
- Khlo- Kardashian welcomes baby girl
- Tia Mowry welcomes new baby
- Jinger Duggar welcomes baby girl
- Michael Phelps calls on US Olympic Committee to do more to help athletes struggling with depression