A young boy's special bond with his 1-year-old dog is something that will melt your heart.
When Camden Gatling was 9, his mother Heidi said he was working on his confidence. He really wanted a dog, but she and her husband were unsure about the responsibility, and wanted to wait.
Camden really wanted a German Wirehaired Pointer Griffon, a hunting dog that Camden say could train when he and his dad went hunting. They decided Camden would get his dream dog, but when he turned 10. Then he'd be ready for the responsibility.
However, a year before that, Heidi says they got a call from the breeder they'd been talking to. She said a litter of puppies had been born on Jan. 25. The same day as Camden's birthday.
"They were an accidental litter," she said. "I was like, 'how do you not move forward with that.'"
A year later, the pair is inseparable. They just had a joint birthday party, and Camden of course, got his buddy some toys.
"He's playful, and hairy, and a good listener," Camden said.
Most of all, now mom says, her 10-year-old's confidence has gone through the roof.
- 10-year-old boy and dog share special bond, birthday
- 10-year-old boy shot at Newport News birthday party, critically injured
- Newborn baby and mother share Christmas Eve birthday
- 10-year-old boy dies after tripping, falling under school bus
- Trump's North Korean gamble ends with 'special bond' with Kim
- Unique bonded pair of dogs need a forever home
- Detroit 10-year-old saves family, dogs after home catches on fire
- Activist gets 10-year sentence for insulting UAE
- 10-year-old swept away by riptide
- Hero 10-year-old boy follows man who took his 6-year-old sister from Brooklyn school