A man was killed after his van was struck while he was inside sleeping.
The victim was sleeping in his van in the 3000 block of Clairemont Dr. when the driver struck his vehicle shortly after 9 a.m., according to San Diego police.
The man in the van died at the scene, police said. The driver of the vehicle that struck the victim's van left his truck behind and fled the scene on foot.
The name of the victim was not released.
- Clairemont hit-and-run driver crashes into van, killing man sleeping inside
- Mother killed in hit and run crash (ON CAM)
- Driver Arrested in South L.A. Hit-and-Run Crash That Killed Cyclist, Whose Vigil Was Scene of Another Crash
- Construction worker hit, killed by drunk driver
- DNA connects driver to hit-and-run two years after pedestrian struck and killed
- Muenster van attack driver acted alone, police say
- Security guards kill knife-wielding man inside Barnes-Jewish complex
- 1,600 Customers Left Without Power After Hit-and-Run Driver Hits Power Pole
- 14-year-old boy killed during hit and run
- Motorcycle driver and passenger killed in Lancaster County crash